Week 23


December 3, 2012

    This month marks the end to these blogs. I have made every effort to answer openly your legitimate concerns and controversies. I have shared God's word with you on this vital subject based on honest scholarship. Above and beyond the "bottom line," finances are really a heart issue to God as they are a challenge to the Body. I pray you are bringing your tithes and offerings to your local church with love and purpose. But mostly I pray that you have found revelation, relevance and peace in all you're giving.
    I'm clearing my desk of the remaining questions this issue. These questions have been hanging around for some time and I'm finally addressing them.

        Q. My tithe is given in my designated offerings.
        A. Although both are Scriptural, the tithe and designated offerings function differently. The tithe is a spiritual dynamic between God and the tither. Finances are the means used in this dynamic. As a covenant and act of worship, tithing always puts God first. Designated offerings are a financial dynamic. They are a blessings, but put only the intent and purpose of the giver first. Why do you combine them?

        Q. I want to tithe and my spouse doesn't. What should I do?
        A. Both positions are Scriptural. Pray, seek wisdom, and obey God.
            Why has tithing become an issue? Is there something else going on?

        Q. Should I teach my children to tithe?
        A. Prioritize and set the example.

        Q. My tithe is less than the offerings I give. Should I stop giving offerings and just tithe?
        A. It's not about money. It's Scriptural to give both.

        Q. If you looked at my finances, you would see that I can't afford to tithe.
        A. It's not about money. Pray and:
             Seek wisdom for personal revelation of your pattern of giving.
             Seek wisdom for personal revelation of your real heart attitude.
             Then: ask for grace, trust God and obey. (Jn.2.4, 5)

        Q. Sometimes I get tired of tithing.
        A. Rejoice! The Lord never gets tired of us! (Ps.37.25)

Until next time.
Love in Christ.
Miss Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment