Week 12


A Tither's Blog

September 17, 2012

    I have a friend who is a wellspring of knowledge. One of her many credentials is that of financial planner (C.F.P.) I like talking $$$ with her. She takes time to explain things clearly to me. We have had several discussions about what is called "the tyranny of the urgent." Another way I have heard this expressed is, "your need does not make my emergency."

    Churches have many ministries. As Jesus taught, the poor will always be with us. (Mt.26.11; Mk14.7; Jn.12.8.) Christians are bombarded on all sides to donate, to minister and support all kinds of genuine and even heartbreaking needs. One of the most difficult lessons I have ever had to learn is discernment.

    My tendency is to give to anyone any time. Since the Lord has total control over my finances, I have a place to go when I'm faced with multiple, desperate financial choices. I pray, seek the Lord and receive the wisdom and grace I need to implement God's will. I am no longer torn by the tyranny of the urgent.

        Sometimes God asks me to wait to do a greater good. This week if you have time, you might renew your mind with Jn.11.1-44. It will bless you. And remember, be faithful to your grace-giving and tithes.

Until next time.
Love in Christ.
Miss Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment